I am HOPELESSLY behind in trying to "catch up" from when I started my learning journey. I am still trying to work through pictures from Aug 2009.
Thus, starting today, I am going day by day. 365 me!
Nikon D90 18-55mm lens f 5, ss 1/250, natural window light.
Snowpops a la McMama's blog.
We made these for our Rosebowl party (GO WI, even though you, um, lost). They were pretty easy and not too "fussy" so good for kids (if you don't mind a little mess clean up). And they were delish!!!!! Briefly, make cake; crush it; mix w/ ~1C cream cheese frosting, make into balls, freeze, put on skewer, dip in chocolate (here colored white chocolate) and add sprinkles. A few changes to the recipe: 1) freeze the cake balls or they fall off while trying to cover them in chocolate. 2) put a bit of olive oil in the white chocolate once you've added the food coloring... I noticed the chocolate started to "freeze" no matter how much I heated it up (see Good Eats, when you add water to chocolate & inbalance the fat/chocolate ratio it will "freeze" up and not pour as well).
Boy oh boy, I hope I can keep up. At least 1 photo a day isn't so daunting. I get caught up in doing all things *perfectly* and getting all the right shots all edited the right way. Man, that takes a LOT of time! So here is to 1 photo a day!

Beautiful photo and great job with the Snowpops! They look so yummy! I'm looking forward to seeing 364 more lovely pictures from you this year! :)
ReplyDelete