Friday, December 4, 2009

Random post....

Ug, so I am tired and have a yucky cold, but I haven't posted in a while... so here is a half hearted attempt:

A cute nakie baby shot inspired by CoppieCat:
http://coppiecat.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html


More unique perspectives, i like them! (darn it, I wish I'd stop cropping in too far!):




And of course.... Lessons learned: you know, OTHER than not cropping in too far!

1) Don't use a shutter speed of less than 1/60 when taking pictures of moving children!

This one finally worked out.... but only b/c he held still for a second:  But I learned that white props again, will over expose a lot.


2) Something needs to draw the eye to set up an axis line.  This pic feels so "off" b/c it feels tilted.

3) DON'T shoot in high sun or use it as a background.


 4) Watch the background for things that will stick out in funny places (such as making Z look like he has a lot of hair (it is a bush in the background).


YEAH, next post I get to delve into our mexico trip pictures (from March 09).  Yippie!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are absolutely adorable!! The one of the bush behind your babies head made me giggle. It certainly does look like wispy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO I so thought that was his hair. Ha ha. But you are right and I am glad you are working so hard to learn. the girl who took Maddie's 3 month photos from CM she thought she was ready to go into business for herself and just wanted to set up the portfolio but the pictures she took of maddie broke all of these rules, she cropped all wrong, she put a white baby, in a white dress on a white background, and when she got a dark background she put a WHITE bunny in the picture. She had no interest in learning she thought she had it down. But the truth is you can always learn something. I think that is something you know and understand :)

    ReplyDelete