Monday, October 26, 2009

How fast a month goes by...

Has it really been over a month since I've posted? Evil.... can I blame it on having too much fun taking fall photos?
My hope is to get this blog caught up to current day, but alas, stupid work gets in the way.

Here is my 3rd try at getting some decent photos with my point and shoot Canon Powershot A610. I had not yet figured out that I could custom set the white balance. All the pictures are a bit blue (I tried to fix it, see my note below). Can I just say how much I LOVE CS4 BRIDGE???? That is how I rate the photos & choose which ones are the best. Love it, love it ... LOVE IT!

Here is Z with my wedding dress... cheesie I know, but I thought it was at least sort of cute. Mind you, I hadn't learned the rule of 3rds yet, so be gentle with composition comments.


My biggest problem here... camera shake. I don't notice it until I zoom in a lot. Stupid poor light conditions :-p (yup, no tripod at this point).







So, I am still playing with photoshop. I wish I had time to read the books on how to do this the correct way. I still find that I am slightly "colorblind" to what the "best" color is. Here is an edit... how did I do?

Original:















Edit:









Since I am color blind, and I am working on a lap top (uncalibrated to boot).... please tell me your thoughts on color & any other edits I could do.
Thanks ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Followed your blog from Mckmama's photography Q&A. I love the edit! You did an amazing job! It really brings out the pink cheeks and bright eyes. The edit really looks like it was shot with a DSLR.

    ReplyDelete