This represents the second time I tried on manual (auto white balance).... I put up this awesome blanket (that doesn't wrinkle) and opened up the blinds by our patio door (it is a 3 pane patio door facing the north, so the natural light is awesome!!!!).
What do you think (minus the blanket wrinkles?) did I do any better than commercial places???
Cannon PowerShot A610 f2.8, ss 1/40
I did some color editing in PS7 elements... I am not sure if I am a fan. I am really horrid at telling what the "right" color is... I have a large range that I think is "good". This one seems too red (yes, my son does have red-brown hair). I must say, I'd really rather I get everything right on when I take the photo b/c there are SO many options during "developing" in PS... so many I have no idea what to choose. Little did I realize that any folds in the blanket really really distract from where I'd like the focus to be.

F 2.8, SS 1/60 At least here I made a bunch of wrinkles ;-)
Hi, I stumbled on your blog through MckMamas and I think that you have captured great photos! Especially for a P&S. I wanted to let you know that if you use fleece, it won't wrinkle as much. I bought 2 yards at WalMart for less than $8 each and usually use it as a background.
ReplyDeleteAlso, in PS you can keep your object clear and blur the background. MckM did a tut awhile back that I found very helpful.
http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/05/blurry-backgrounds.html That would work awesomely for the 1st pic in this post!
GL! I have dslr and I'm still learning a ton--I've had it almost 3 years! I think they look great and your son is a cutie :)
So cute! I actually really like the wrinkles in the blanket in the second shot...I think it gives it some depth or something. Really great pictures, especially since it's a point and shoot. I don't have a DSLR either, so I try to take most of my pictures outside. And when we're inside, I have a lot of "noise" because we have awful lighting in the house. And we don't have a lot of room by the windows, so it's hard to take pictures by them without feeling cramped. Keep up the great work! :)
ReplyDelete