Thursday, February 17, 2011

Days 34-48

I am not sure how I got so far behind... life I guess (and lots of illness)!  I took all the pictures around these dates, just didn't really get to editing and loading.  I haven't been feeling very inspired lately and I feel like all my shots are the same.  It is really hard to get out of the house w/ a 2 year old and no car and icky cold weather.  I hate taking my camera out in cold weather now b/c I am convinced I broke my popup flash when I did it last year.  Sigh.  At least it is starting to warm up now!!!  I don't find fog (which we have a lot of) very inspirational... soooo.... I have to come up with some new ideas!


Day 48
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO 160, f2, SS 1/800/
A bit gross I know, but i thought the shape was neat.


Day 47
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO 1600, f 2.5, SS 1/200, flash bounced from ceiling I think.  Will I ever remember my dang ISO?  gah.
Shapes are fun.  This is a oil/reed vase.

Day 46
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO160, f2, SS 1/400.
More flowers.  I washed the colors out in this, I just liked the lighter yellow with the blue vase.


Day 45
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO 160, f 2, SS 1/320.
This is a crop of a picture I did.  I just love how it came out.  Love my husband for giving me beautiful flowers for Valentines day!

Day 44
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO1600, f 2, SS 1/200, flash bounced from ceiling I think.
I think it is neat how I got the center to be unfocused and the tops to be focused.

Day 43
Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO1600, f2, SS 1/200, flash bounced from ceiling I think.  No idea why I decided to have the darn ISO up so high, I probably forgot to change it.  But it did make for some neat grain.  I usually hate grain.
I like this picture for the textures and b/c it is off kilter, it just makes me want to reach out and straighten it.  Might drive some nuts, but I think it makes a person really look and remember.

Day 42
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO500, f 5.6, SS 1/100, flash bounced from behind I think.
The only reason I "like" dirty snow is that it means it is melting and will soon be gone (I hope!).

Day 41
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 500, f 5, SS 1/100, flashed bounced from behind I think.

Day 40
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 200, f 6.3, SS 1/60, flash bounced from ceiling I think.
Another day where I was trying to fine *something* to take a picture of in a creative way.  I failed here.


Day 39
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 1600, f 3.5, SS 1/250
Oh how many ways we can build a train track.  This day was fun as we created so many levels.  When I used the speedlight it really washed everything out, so I grained it up at ISO 1600.  

Day 38
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 800, f13, SS 1/160, flash bounced from ceiling I think.  I think my F was a little too high for this particular picture, but my 2 year old was running around in a room filled with glitter, glue and scissors, so I wasn't going to be picky right then.
Making valentines for a dear friend who is in the hospital.  The graduate students I worked with were SO creative ;-)

Day 37
 Nikon D90, lens 50mm 1.8, ISO 400, f 1.8, SS 1/400 (I so should have decreased my ISO & SS so I would get less grain).
I've seen cool reflections shots from other places and I wanted to try my hand at it.  I thought these were a bright cheery example.  I have a *very* small piece of somewhat scratched up plexi glass to use, so I had to get creative ;-)


Day 36
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 400, f 5.6, SS 1/160, flash bounced from ceiling I think.  I love this shot.  The lines, the texture.  Fun.

Day 35
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 500, f 5.6, SS 1/200
Ok, I know it looks a bit gross (I have just been choosing poor color combinations lately), but it was my son playing with snow and tempura paint.  Messy, but FUN!

Day 34
Nikon D90, lens 18-55mm, ISO 200, f 3.5, SS 1/80, flash bounced from ceiling I think.

I need to challenge myself a bit more and get out of my comfort zone.  Hopefully with warmer weather I can do so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment