Monday, January 18, 2010

I heart faces entry...

Ok, so I am going out of chronological order here but.....

I've started looking at this cool site (www.iheartfaces.com)



And today, for the first time, I am going to make an entry into their weekly challenge... which is "We Are Family"
Now, I realize you can't see any faces here... but this is a family moment that I am so happy to have captured:  One of our very best friends was expecting her 3rd child....  I took these photos about 2.5 weeks ago, and this darling baby girl just arrived about a week ago.  And I am so happy I caught this moment on digital media!  It makes one really realize what can be accomplished in just a week!

Nikon D90, 50mm 1.8, SS 1/3200, F 1.8, ISO 400 (whups, I forgot to turn my ISO back down, darn it!), metered exposure balance to 0 on window light.

7 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT picture! It's shots like that that really make me regret our decision not to do maternity portraits.

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My original choice was going to be more of a sihouette too. There's just something about a silhouette that brings out emotion. This one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...SO perfect. I silhouettes and I love prenant bellies. Well done! PLus I see the profiles of faces, so I think you are okay

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! You did a wonderful job! This will be a picture this family treasures forever... :)

    ReplyDelete