Saturday, November 21, 2009

Finally... some time to post!

Sorry I've been gone so long.  :-(  But, here are a series of posts (hopefully!).

Feb 2008, Experimentation w/ in camera (&later in CS4) B&W & sepia:

Original Shots (PowerShotA610 settings):










Since the color one above was my favorite shot, I decided to play with it in CS4 to see what color changes I could do.  I am really horrible at changing colors... but I love B&W & sepia so much.  Sigh.  What did I do right, what did I do wrong?

CS4 Auto B&W adjustment




CS4 Manual black & white change.  This one feels "fuzzy" to me.  I like nice clear SHARP photos.


CS4 Auto sepia change


CS4 Manual sepia change





I like sepia, but these just aren't doing it for me.  I guess I need to play a little more.  Anyone have any good links to sepia changes in CS4??

I searched online CS4 help for color conversion to black & white (and color conversion to sepia) to get my instructions.
Here is where I got the sepia info: http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/sepia-tone.html

What do you like?  What do you hate?  I'd love to hear some feedback!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Try looking for Photoshop presets that someone else has already done. I would probably Google "Photoshop presets sepia" or something similar. Here's one I found using that:
    http://www.turningturnip.co.uk/photoshop/photoshop-actions/sepia-action.php

    ReplyDelete